Sunday, September 10, 2006

Smog

Girl: I tried the cafe you recommended, it was very cozy.
Boy: What does the cloud look like?
Girl: Like, a girl with pigtails
Boy: You go there with anyone?
Girl: No. I read a fairytale book. I'm trying to see them from a grown up persepctive.
Boy: I didn't notice you'd grown up.
Girl: While you were staring at the clouds, i got a little old and boring
Girl: what did you pack for lunch?
Boy: Sarcasm
Boy: And sandwiches
Girl: I hope there's some on whole wheat bread
Boy: Priss
Boy: What'd you have at the cafe?
Girl: Did you know that _____ is getting married?
Boy: None of us are above making a mistake now and then.
Girl: i read it in the sunday styles while i had a cafe valencia
Boy: Who's the unlucky guy?
Girl: do you miss her?
Boy: No
Girl: don't lie to me
Boy: I am as surprised as you are.
Girl: i don't really care
Girl: just wondered how you felt
Boy: I like it when you are emotionally indifferent...it makes for good musing.
Boy: It's like being volatile and calm.
Girl: that's because i'm single: i'm bitter and happy all at once
Girl: can you pass me a cup of wine?
Boy: I think your girl with the pig tails is taking it up the arse from the other cloud...of course - I prefer you a bit liquored up.
Girl: this is quite good, I'm glad we stopped at that place
Boy: I wish I knew more about wines but honestly - its too much work and those guys at Vino are quite good. Even if there name is redundant.
Girl: that couple over there, by the tree, seem to be fighting
Girl: should we move our blanket closer?
Girl: so that we can hear?
Boy: Bad girl. He moves the blanket closer
Girl: its better than a movie, also you can't bring reisling to a movie

Boy pokes girls nipple.

Girl: not here!
Boy: Cool - that means I am allowed later!
Girl: Look, we need to stop this

Boy pokes her again.

Girl: i know its really easy, but its gone really far

And again.
She grabs his finger this time. She hides her smile.

Girl: look, as much as i like this. i need to tell u something

He climbs on top of her.

Boy: OK
Girl: so, stop that and try to be serious for once
Boy: Yes ma'm
Girl: its serious
Boy: Ok ok ok...tell me

He doesn't get off

Girl: yesterday, when i couldn't come out with you to dinner, it wasn't because i wasn't feeling well
Boy: ok
Girl: i'm engaged
Boy: What
Girl: if we're serious about this, we need to tell everyone
Boy: Look I'm serious about this but not interested in getting engaged - holy shit.
Girl: but if you're just goig to horse around, like you do all the time, then i guess i'm gone.
Boy: What is it that you want? Really what?
Girl: I can’t do anything about it. There's a lot of pressure, I need to follow through with the committment.
Girl: but you know i have feelings for you
Boy: Is my confusion palpable yet?
Girl: i just don't understand how we can go on like this without evern telling one person!
Girl: Just one!
Girl: what are you afraid of??
Boy: Telling people screws up the relationship. It means that it can't develop without outside pressure
Boy: That's how people get forced into marriage

Boy lies flat on his back and puts his arms behind his head

Girl: look, that type of philosphy was great. But, its been so many months and i'm torn - can't you see that?
Girl: why can't you be more sympathetic?
Boy: I got a simple answer...stop being torn - there's no need.
Girl: you're great with people who don't require anything from you. But if a person actually opens up to you, you just push them away
Boy: What do you want? You want me to say I'm scared? I am. I am scared that I'll love someone and they wont love me. I'm scared I'll open up and they'll use it against me.
Girl: what are you talking about? Here i am saying i love you.
Boy: I feel it. I know you do. But its a feeling. Feelings come and go. And when they go - where will i be?
Girl: we could be engaged.
Boy: And what? What difference does that make?
Girl: i don't understand you. First you say you want less, now you're saying you want more
Boy: I want you. Today ...now...but thats all I know.
Girl: thats a horrible thing to say
Girl: what about our friendship?
Girl: what about this?
Girl: the lunch, your stupid clouds? the wine?
Boy: IT is what it is.
Boy: I am not saying now wont be later as well

No comments: