Sunday, September 24, 2006

Amber Dreams

Sitting, straying, silted by the moment
In the hole, dim the lights
Take me home to Papa

Bring me a drink, filled to the top
Pink or white or red, dim the moment for me
Inside, soft velvet tongues
Talk about their day
In a way
That makes me chagrin
For Papa

Take me in, swish me around
But tonight we drink
Amber dreams satisfy me
But yet I dream of Papa

August ends tonight
I'm melancholy for old friends
And little words without meaning
Easy, easy August
Winter's coming, the sky tells me so
Papa, will you stay?

Winter's giving, winter's taking
Effacing buildings here and now
Papa's coming, Papa's going
But I'm just swishing Muscat around

Dearest, dearest where are you?
Lonely little me
Drinks got me
Musics got me
The city's got me in her spell
Come rescue me
Show me the way, Papa

No comments: