Saturday, September 09, 2006

The First Meeting Of Mr. & Mrs. Nitin Pranjal

Starbucks in Scarsdale. 6:15 pm, Sunday night.

<<>>

GIRL>>> Hi, how are you? She half gets up then sits back down.
BOY>>> Fine. These meeting are wierd. Boy sips coffee.
GIRL>>> They're ok.
BOY>>> What's that you're wearing?
GIRL>>> um, its a pro-life button
BOY>>> I believe in life too.
GIRL>>> no, thats not what it means
BOY>>> I know, I know - life - go for it.
GIRL>>> Yea. Pause. So, um, what did you do this weekend?
BOY>>> Its saturday.
GIRL>>> giggles um its sunday
BOY>>> Oh...ummm...I was at my grandmothers house yesterday...what did you do?
GIRL>>> i went shopping. with my mom, for some, um, shoes for graduation
BOY>>> Do you shop a lot?
GIRL>>> yea, i like it, its really fun. its a good way to relax after studying or just chill with friends. we have a really nice mall near our house. its really big so its a good place to go
BOY>>> I like to dance.
GIRL>>> oh, like ballroom?
BOY>>> No, at discoteques.
BOY>>> Do you like to dance?
GIRL>>> Um, I've learned some traditional dance? You know what i mean? and i used to be into it in middle school, but not now anymore. What are discoteques like?
BOY>>> They are fun, a lot of music and lot of peoples. We all go out. What is your favorite song?
GIRL>>> Unbreak My Heart. Its by Toni Braxton
GIRL>>> Do you listen to R & B?
BOY>>> I like staying alive. What is R&B - is it a place to eat?
GIRL>>> no, R AND B. It like soft music, like love songs and so on
BOY>>> Oh...yes I like chaaiya chaaiya.
GIRL>>> Oh my god, my friend loves that one!
GIRL>>> it has a good beat
BOY>>> Is she pretty?
GIRL>>> um she is thrown off. choosed to ignore him.
GIRL>>> what?
BOY>>> recovering What is your name? I forgot to ask. Mine is Nitin.
GIRL>>> Oh. Giggles. Hi Nitin. My name is Umisha.
BOY>>> Hi Amisha. It's good to greet you.
GIRL>>> its Umisha, acctually.
GIRL>>> it has a U in the front
BOY>>> Amisha...yes.
GIRL>>> like an umbrella
BOY>>> Ohhh Uhhmisha
GIRL>>> you got it!
BOY>>> Good name. Homely.
GIRL>>> my grandmother thought of it once in a dream
BOY>>> Does your grandmother like dreaming?
GIRL>>> and she told my mother, but my mother was sure it would be a boy
GIRL>>> amd then she passed away.
GIRL>>> so my mother was forced to call me Umisha
GIRL>>> even though she didn't really want to
BOY>>> Your dead grandmother gave you a boy's name?
GIRL>>> what?
BOY>>> Nothing...is the coffee sweet?
GIRL>>> yea, i got a chocolate mocha. i love chocolate
GIRL>>> what did you get?
BOY>>> I got almond steamed milk. I like almonds. Did you know that gangrene smells of almonds?
GIRL>>> wait, what is gang green?
GIRL>>> so, is this strange? i mean, do you meet a lot of people?
BOY>>> Well when people don't treat an infection properly a form of rot develops on the skin that degenerates the cells and begins to spread. This makes it necessary to...Yes, I have met many girls - because my family is rich.
GIRL>>> oh, right, what does your dad do again?
GIRL>>> i heard about it, but i forgot
GIRL>>> soooo...
BOY>>> He is in pharmaceuticals. He makes products for people with constipation.
BOY>>> If you need - I can send you some for free.
GIRL>>> so, is that hard, meeting lots of people?
BOY>>> Yes. I want t oget married now. I am getting old.
BOY>>> Have you done this before?
GIRL>>> yea i do. but its the same for me. I graduate in about one month.
Parents walk in...both sigh.
GIRL>>> Hi Ami
GIRL>>> Hi baba
BOY>>> Pranam Ji - kaise hai
Father: Kya aap tikh hai na - tayar hai nikalne ke liye
BOY>>> Ji papa
GIRL>>> so, i think its time to go, we have a mehendi to go to, one of my cousins is getting married.
BOY>>> Enjoy the mehendi, whispering: hehehehe
GIRL>>> bye Aunti Rima, Bye Uncle!
GIRL>>>bye Nimal
BOY>>> bye Auntiji, bye Uncleji

No comments: